Thursday, October 3, 2013

"The Apothecary Table"

One of my all time favorite shows is Friends. When I completed this project and sent the photo to my sister, "The Apothecary Table" was her response. Just like I love Friends, I absolutely adore this table. I found this old, light oak colored table on my local exchange website. It was priced at $40, which I found a little high due to its age and condition. Nonetheless, I knew it's potential and I couldn't live without it. Once I got it home, I used a handheld power sander and sanded til my hands were numb. Then I used my favorite stain, Varathane in Dark Walnut. After two, very even and light, coats I applied two coats of Polyurethane in a satin finish. That's it! It's rustic, it's functional, it's cozy, it's perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment